Monday, June 19, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO IS THE ONLY GOD

The book of Isaiah chapter 44 verse 9 says this;

All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless.

Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

The Lord, speaking to His people, cautions them against the making and affirming of idols.

The Lord, in Isaiah chapter 44 verse 6 asserts to His people that He is the only God;

I am the first and I am the last;  apart from me there is no God.

If the Lord is the supreme God, why should His people indulge in the work of idol makers? 

Mere humans build idols out of stone and wood and then claim that their creations are worthy to be bowed down to and worshipped yet even the Lord, with vast expances of knowledge, knows of no other god beside Himself saying in Isaiah chapter 44 verse 8;

You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Amen.

4


No comments:

Post a Comment