Saturday, December 23, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO EXALTED HIS SON

From Psalm chapter 2;

On My Holy mountain

You're crowned King of Zion

Today I'm Your Father

And You are My Son


Ask Me for the nations

I'll give You to rule

Blessed are they

Who take refuge in You

3



The Lord our God declared to His Son

I  have installed you as the king on Zion, my holy mountain.

 You are my son;  today I have become your father.

Ask and I will make the nations your inheritance

I will make the ends of the earth your possession.

Let us serve the Lord with reverence

Let us celebrate His rule with trembling

For blessed are those who take refuge in him.

4

The nations of the earth ( both spiritual and earthly ) conspired against the Lord and against the annointed Son of God.

They schemed to shake off the rulership of God and sovereignly determine their own path.

But God the Father declares that the highest throne has been given to the Son of God and that all nations and every territory on earth will be brought under the authority of the Son of God.

The Lord counsels the kings and rulers of the earth ( both spiritual and earthly ) to reverence the One whom God has installed as King because He has been given enough power and authority to shatter all the nations and bring destruction  to the conspirators.


Psalm 2 (NIV)

1 Why do the nations conspire

    and the peoples plot in vain?

2 The kings of the earth rise up

    and the rulers band together

    against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,

3 “Let us break their chains

    and throw off their shackles.”

4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;

    the Lord scoffs at them.

5 He rebukes them in his anger

    and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

6 “I have installed my king

    on Zion, my holy mountain.”

7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

8 He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.

Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

9 You will break them with a rod of iron[b];

    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;

    be warned, you rulers of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear

    and celebrate his rule with trembling.

12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry

    and your way will lead to your destruction,

for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

    Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment