Wednesday, August 25, 2021

OUR LORD BRINGS US OUT OF DARKNESS

Job was God's servant who was faithful to His Lord.

As part of his pilgrimage on earth, Job was appointed to go through a refiner's test that would publicly demonstrate his faithfulness to God.

Job endured extreme hardships where he suddenly  lost all his property, his status, his family and ultimately, his health.

As he sat in an ash heap scratching his painful skin disease with pieces of broken pottery,  Job almost  despaired. 

He sought to unravel the reason for his calamitous misfortune. In the depth of his sorrow, He concluded that his only hope was that in the end, He would see His God with his own eyes as he exclaims in this exquisite passage in Job 19 verse 25 -27, 

“As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,  

 And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.

Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God;

Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another.

 My heart faints within me!"

In the darkest moments of his life, Job was overwhelmed with the poinant assurance that  his Redeemer would stand on the earth and Job would see Him in person.

After this experience, the Lord restored light to Job's life after his season of darkness and Job rejoiced in His God and  lived till he was full of years.

The Lord brings us out of darkness and into His marvelous light.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment