Monday, October 03, 2022

OUR LORD WHOSE SALVATION IS EVERLASTING

Isaiah chapter 51 verses 10 - 12 says this;

Was it not you who dried up the sea, the waters of the great deep, who made a road in the depths of the sea so that the redeemed might cross over?

Those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

“I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mere mortals, human beings who are but grass,..."

This passage gives the reason for the exultant and joyful hope  that will fill the people of God.

He is the mighty God who had the power to dry up the sea and make a highway in its depths so that those the Lord was saving could cross over to freedom.

Such a display of power should give comfort to the people of God and should persuade them not to live in fear of 'mere mortals' because in comparison to the Lord, they are but grass.

The Lord's salvation is everlasting and those He chooses to be His people are annointed and protected. As Isaiah chapter 51 verse 16 says;

I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand— I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, ‘You are my people.’”

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment