Thursday, July 06, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO SEARCHES OUT HIS PEOPLE

Isaiah chapter 65 verses 1 - 3 says this;

“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me.

To a nation that did not call on my name,  I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’ 

All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people who walk in ways not good,  pursuing their own imaginations— a people who continually provoke me to my very face, offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on altars of brick;

This passage reveals the obstacles that people put in the way of the Lord when He extends His invitation to them to be redeemed by Him.

The people are preoccupied with their own interests  and are not searching for God but nonetheless, the Lord attempts to make Himself know to them and make Himself possible to be found by them.

However, the people are obstinate and are accustomed to their own paths and ambitions.

They routinely antagonize the Lord brazenly by continuing with their sacrifices in their gardens and burning incense on bricks rather than honoring the Lord in the temple.

These people will end ruin but for those who are the Lord's servants, they will have the Lord's blessings as Isaiah chapter 65 verse 18 says;

“But be glad and rejoice forever over what I create; Behold, I am creating Jerusalem to be a source of rejoicing And her people a joy.

Amen.

6





No comments:

Post a Comment