Saturday, November 20, 2021

 OUR LORD WHO TREASURES US

In the book of Exodus 19 verse 5,  the Lord declares that His people will be His  treasured possession on the condition that they obey Him.  It is said this way;

Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,

The book of Malachi 3 verse 17 (NIV) says; 

“On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.

This allusion to how much our God treasures us is a poignant prophecy of the time that was to come and now is when the Lord would gather to Himself highly valued sons and daughters whom He set apart as those who would serve Him.

To be the Lord's treasure requires us to seek Him and His righteousness and to learn His voice and to follow Him and to serve Him. The Lord Himself will give us who believe on His name, the power to become the  sons of God and as sons, His treasured possessions.

Bless the Lord our God.

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment