Friday, February 18, 2022

OUR LORD PROPHECIES HIS MISSION TO REDEEM US

Isaiah 50 verses 1 - 5  records a monologue delivered by the eternal Son of God, Jesus.

In this chapter, Jesus summarizes His mission to the earth.

He first says that He did not reject us but rather that our own sin drove us away from God.

To then redeem us who were separated from Him by sin, the Lord orchestrates His arrival at the temple but there was no one to meet him and none to answer when He called. He asks why we did  not look to Him to save us. Jesus asks if we did not believe that He had the capacity to do so.

He informs us that by a mere word, He could dry up the sea and parch a river. He tells us that it was He who cloaked the heavens in darkness. The passage reads this way;

This is what the Lord says:

“Where is your mother’s certificate of divorce with which I sent her away?

Or to which of my creditors did I sell you?

Because of your sins you were sold; because of your transgressions your mother was sent away.

When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer?

Was my arm too short to deliver you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you?

By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst.

I clothe the heavens with darkness and make sackcloth its covering.”

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.

He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away.

Here, the Son of God says that on His mission to save us, He will arrive with a well-instructed tongue that speaks words that uplift the weary.

He says His Father in heaven will awaken Him every morning and awaken His ears to listen to instruction.

 He tells us that He is obedient to His Father and does not turn away from His directives even when the cost of obedience to His Father is the loss of His own life.

When our wonderful Lord Jesus was with us on earth, He demonstrated His comforting words that give solace even to this day and demonstrated His power by healing people and quieting storms. He also demonstrated His obedience to God His Father by heeding His instructions right up to His death on the cross for us all.

Bless our Lord Jesus who prophecied His mission in this chapter of Isaiah  and then fulfilled it.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment