Tuesday, May 17, 2022

OUR LORD WHO GATHERS THE NATIONS FOR JUDGEMENT

Joel chapter 4 verses 2 - 9 says this;

I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment with them on behalf of my people, my heritage, Israel;

Because they scattered them among the nations they divided up my land. For my people they cast lots trading a young boy for the price of a prostitute, exchanging a young girl for the wine they drank.

Moreover, what are you doing to me, Tyre and Sidon, and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying me back for something? If you are, I will very quickly turn your deeds back upon your own head. You took my silver and my gold and brought my priceless treasures into your temples! You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, taking them far from their own country! 

Look! I am rousing them from the place to which you sold them, and I will turn your deeds back upon your own head. I will sell your sons and daughters to the Judahites who will sell them to the Sabeans, a distant nation. The Lord has spoken!

Announce this to the nations: Proclaim a holy war! Alert the warriors! Let all the soldiers  report and march!

This passage begins by specifying the arena of judgement which will be at the Valley of Jehosephat which is also called the Kidron Valley which is between the city of Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives.

This judgment against the nations is predicated by what they did to God's people, the children of Israel. 

God's people were scattered, the land divided up, their children sold for prostitutes and wine.

The Lord's gold and silver implements were taken and placed in foreign temples. The people of Judah and Jerusalem  were sold to the Greeks so that they were far from their homes.

For these actions against the Lord and the enslavement of His people, these scriptures are a call to alert the army of God. 

Let all the soldiers report and march!

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment