Monday, November 14, 2022

 OUR FATHER WHO FAVOURS THE HUMBLE

Psalm chapter ( x 4 verses  10 - 11) 5 verses  2 - 3 says this;

Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

In this passage, the psalmist who in this case is King David, revealed his morning routine. 

He first implored his King and his God to hear his prayer.

He sensed when the Lord was hearing his voice and when he got this assurance, he then laid out his requests before the Lord.

After making his requests known to God, he then took a posture of waiting expectantly where he anticipated the Lord's response with joy.

King David, in verses 4 - 7, made a distinction between the people who could stand before God with requests and those who couldn't;

For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome. 

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies.

The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest.

But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

Here, those who are reverent and humble before God can enter His house and make requests of Him.

Those who delight in wickedness, those who are arrogant and those who are violent and deceitful are excluded.

We can approach the Lord with repentant and humble hearts and be able to anticipate the Lord's answers to our requests.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment