Thursday, December 29, 2022

OUR FATHER WHO JUDGES THOSE WHO PRESUME TO TAKE POSSESSION OF HIS PEOPLE

Ezekiel chapter 35 verses 10 - 11 says this;

“‘Because you have said, “These two nations and countries will be ours and we will take possession of them,” even though I the Lord was there, therefore as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I will treat you in accordance with the anger and jealousy you showed in your hatred of them and I will make myself known among them when I judge you.

Israel's neighbouring kingdom, Edom, had opportunistically planned to advantage of a period of time when  Israel was under the severe judgement of the Lord and were suffering from a great calamity.

Because Edom had plotted to take possession of the Lord's people  even though the Lord was present, a fearsome judgement was aimed at them that would lay their kingdom waste and leave their whole nation in complete desolation.

As the Lord said in verses 13-14;

You boasted against me and spoke against me without restraint, and I heard it. This is what the Sovereign Lord says: While the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate. 

Such is the fate of any kingdom or nation that plots to displace God and gain rulership over God's people.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment