Sunday, January 29, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO SAVES US AND HAS A PURPOSE FOR US IF WE CAN HEED HIS VOICE

When the children of Israel were released and led out of Egypt, they arrived at the foot of Mount Sinai where the Lord gave Moses a message to speak to them. 

Exodus chapter 19 verse 4 records it this way;

‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 

The Lord, establishing that the children of Israel, having seen the great signs and wonders that He had done to free them from Egypt and then also to lead them safely through the wilderness, they should have been prepared to obey the Lord so that they could fulfil the purposes that He had for them. Verse 5 and 6 capture the Lord's  offer to the children of Israel;

Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,  you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’

The Lord conditionally called the children of Israel to be His treasured possesion, a holy nation and a kingdom of priests on the earth if they were willing to obey Him.

Having been saved by the Lord ourselves, in gratitude for what the Lord has done to save us, let us obey His voice in order to fulfil his purposes for our lives.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment