Sunday, January 22, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO SETS ASIDE A REMNANT

The Lord permitted himself to be sought and found by a people who were not calling upon His name. The people turned out to be obstinate and  rebellious and  walked in bad paths and were given to pursuing their own thoughts and imaginations.

Isaiah chapter 65 verse 3 describes how brazenly they defied the Lord by sacrificing and burning incense to other gods; 

a people who continually provoke me to my very face, offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on altars of brick;

These people carried out rituals among graves, kept unholy vigils in the night and indulged in impure flesh.

The Lord, responding to those who rejected His ways for their own ways, said in Isaiah chapter 65 verse 8;

So I will act on behalf of My servants In order not to destroy all of them.

When a society rebels against the Lord, He sets those who remain faithful to Him apart and they inherit a place set aside for them as Isaiah chapter 65 verse 9 says;

“I will bring forth offspring from Jacob, And an heir of My mountains from Judah;

Even My chosen ones shall inherit it, And My servants will dwell there.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment