Tuesday, May 30, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO TEACHES US THE WAY WE SHOULD GO Part 2.

Continuing with Hebrews chapter 13 verses 5 - 7, we read this;

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 

The writer of Hebrews instructs us to expell the love of money from our lives.

He gives scriptural support for this position. 

First, he lays out Deutronomy chapter 31 verse 6 which says “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

This reference reminds us not to build security in our lives based on the accumulation of money because God's faithfulness is our security guaranteed by His promise to never abandon us.

Second, Psalm 18 verse 6 says, "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

This verse speaks to the advantage of having God in our corner. Loving money for the protection and stability that it offers us is pointless when the Lord is with us. Money can acquire security systems and influence but even those can be thwarted by mortals. However, who can thwart the God of heaven and earth.

We are also encouraged to consider the lives of the leaders who brought the gospel to us and see how their way of life brought them outcomes of honor and   praiseworthiness because of their faith in God rather than in money.

If the Lord preserved them while they had little or nothing, He is eternally capable and He can certainly preserve us now.

Amen.

6



No comments:

Post a Comment