Sunday, June 11, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO FORMED US AND CHOSE US

Isaiah chapter 44 verses 1 - 2 says this;

“But now listen, Jacob, my servant, Israel, whom I have chosen.

This is what the Lord says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you:

Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,  Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

In this passage, Isaiah the prophet addresses the people of Israel as Jacob which the name of their forefather and these were the people whom the Lord had chosen.

Jacob himself can be understood to represent the believer because he was the offspring of God's promise to Abraham who was Isaac.

The words spoken to Jacob can thus be read to be addressed to us believers in Christ for we were chosen and then were born again into the promise.

The Lord promised that He will help us and that we should not be afraid for even when we are parched, the Lord will pour living water on us and it will flow out of us like rivers to supply and replenish all our people with life.

As Isaiah chapter 44 verses 3 - 4 says;

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;

I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams.

Amen.

1



No comments:

Post a Comment