Wednesday, July 26, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO IS THE JUDGE

The book of Ezekiel chapter 7 verses 1 - 4 says this;

And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “O son of man, this is what the Lord GOD says to the land of Israel:

‘The end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land. The end is now upon you, and I will unleash My anger against you. I will judge you according to your ways and repay you for all your abominations.

I will not look on you with pity, nor will I spare you, but I will punish you for your ways and for the abominations among you.

Then you will know that I am the LORD.’

The prophet Ezekiel received a word of warning to give to the land of Israel.

The Lord declared to them that their evil conduct and their iniquity had reached a threshold that triggered judgement upon them that could not be repealed. No pity would be shown to them and when the anger of the Lord was unleashed upon His people, they would certainly know that He is the Lord.

Their violence, pride, idolatry and materialism had sown the seeds of wrath on the land and the  punishment of foreign invasion and  plagues was now inevitable.

Those who survived would flee to the hills where they would tremble and mourn as the unimaginable destruction engulfed their land.

Amen.

4




No comments:

Post a Comment