Sunday, February 11, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO REACHES OUT TO HIS PEOPLE TO SAVE THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE STUBBORN

The book of Isaiah chapter 65 verses 2 - 3 says this;

All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good,  pursuing their own imaginations—

 a people who continually provoke me to my very face, offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on altars of brick;

This passage reveals the persistent efforts that the Lord invested in order to win over His people. He held out His hands to offer salvation to them  but they were stubborn and insisted on following their own evil  paths.

The people ignored the Lord's entreaties of reconciliation and instead, insulted the Lord by practicing the dark arts of necromancy and sacrificing in graveyards.

Those who practiced the unrepentant defilement and rebellion did so with a sense of superiority over others which was galling to the Lord as it says in verse 6; Such people are smoke in my nostrils, a fire that keeps burning all day. a fire that keeps burning all day.

Severe judgement was thus invited into the land as verse 7 says;

“Because they burned sacrifices on the mountain  and defied me on the hills, I will measure into their laps the full payment for their former deeds.”

2

No comments:

Post a Comment