Wednesday, April 10, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO KNOWS THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTIONS OF THE HEARTS OF ALL BEINGS

The book of Isaiah chapter 14 verse 13 says this;

NIV :

You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God;

I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.

AMP :

“But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven;

I will raise my throne above the stars of God;

I will sit on the mount of assembly In the remote parts of the north.

Revisiting this verse, having noted that the inner thoughts of the king of Babylon as he formulated his plan to fulfil his ambition were known and revealed in this passage, we see that he wants to ascend to heaven which implies that he is plotting his ascension from a position on earth.

He then decides that he would then need to gain dominance over the denizens of heaven called the stars of God.  

He then describes the topography of heaven that will serve as his headquarters once he has gained rulership in heaven.

In the next verse ( verse 14 ), the ultimate goal is revealed. From the highest point in heaven, the king of Babylon then intended to raise himself higher that the clouds of heaven so that he would then be in a position that would be equivalent to the God who is the creator of heaven and earth.

‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’

But having plotted these things in his heart, his plan is discovered and he is cast down to the pit as verse 15 says;

But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.

24

No comments:

Post a Comment