Wednesday, June 12, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO IS HUMBLE AND RELATES TO THE HUMBLE WHO TREMBLE AT HIS WORD

The book of Isaiah chapter 66 verses 1 - 2 says this;

 This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.

Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord.

“These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

This passage declares the sovereign supremacy  of God over the heavens and the earth.

As the ultimate creator of all things, He is not dependent on anyone or anything anywhere in the realms of heaven and earth.

From among all the people who He has made, the ones on whom God's favour will be shown are those who walk in humility and whose spirits are contrite and who tremble at the word of God.

The alignment being described here is one where those who voluntarily choose to be humble and contrite before God and heed His word with fear, will not be cowering before a tyranicle power but rather humbly relating to a great one who is lowly of heart Himself. As Zacharia chapter 9 verse 9 says;

“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!

Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.

And again in Mathew chapter 11 verse 29;

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment