Tuesday, July 02, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO KNOWS THE HEARTS OF ALL BEINGS

Verse 3 in the book of Obadiah says this;

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’

This verse diagnoses the cause of the delusion that had misled Lucifer. 

Pride in his heart had given him a false sense of invulnerability and he had surveyed the inhabitants of heaven and decided that there was no one strong enough to dethrone him from the heights to which he planned to ascend.

He had moved his residence away from the areas relegated for him up to the mountain terrain high above the other residential areas of heaven and from this elevated location, he aspired to go even higher above the clouds of heaven.

Isaiah chapter 14 verses 13 and 14 reveals the progression of Lucider's ambitious plan this way;

You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God;

I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.

 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”

Lucifer had calculated that he could incrementally take higher and higher ground and ultimately end up at a level that was equivalent to where God was.

Unknown to Lucifer, the Lord knew what was in his heart and Lucifer was cast out of heaven.

4


No comments:

Post a Comment