Tuesday, January 30, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO FAVORS THE HUMBLE

The book of Isaiah chapter 66 verses 1 - 2 says this;

 This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.

Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord.

“These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

This passage, capturing the words of the Lord, establishes that the Lord does not need anything made by the efforts of human beings.

Being the maker of all things, there is no dwelling place that can be made for God by any created being.

The Lord does not seek anyone with aspirations of building anything for Him but rather, His favor is towards people who are  humble before Him and who are contrite in spirit and who highly revere the word of the Lord.

Amen.

5


No comments:

Post a Comment