Sunday, January 28, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO RESCUED OUR LORD JESUS FROM HELL

Psalm 18 verse 5, recording the testimony of the Lord Jesus, says this;

The cords of the grave coiled around me;  the snares of death confronted me.

This verse, excerpted out of Psalm 18, prefigures the events that surrounded the Lord Jesus when He died on the cross.

As the Lord Jesus gave up His spirit and breathed His last, the protocols of death began their activities to subsume their target into the realm of the dead. The cords of the grave wrapped around Him to pull him down into the valleys of the seas and down into the foundations of the earth.

The next two verses ( 6 - 7 ) capture the moment when the Lord Jesus, finding Himself being engulfed in darkness, cried out to His Father and His Father heard Him and descended from heaven in great power to rescue His Son who had suffered death even though He was perfectly innocent.

In my distress I called to the Lord;  I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook;  they trembled because he was angry.

The Father traversed from the highest heights down to the lowest depths as verse 16 says;

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.

He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.

Amen.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment