Saturday, December 25, 2021

OUR LORD WHO LIVES

The psalmist in Psalm 18 verse 46 says;

The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock; And exalted be the God of my salvation,

The declaration that our Lord lives affirms that He is the source of life and all life gains cogency by being entwined with His life.

In John 10 verse 17 - 18, our Lord Jesus  says this:

“For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 

“No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

Our Lord's life is the hallmark of His power where He could lay down His life in sacrifice for our sins and then could take it up again so that He could declare in Revelation 1 verse 18;

 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Jesus is Alive! His life is the life that made us alive when we were born again in Him.

This life is that which is mentioned in the universally known verse of John 3 - 16;

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Bless and praise His name.

Amen.

Reference resource: openbible.info







No comments:

Post a Comment