Monday, December 20, 2021

OUR LORD WHO MAKES ALL THINGS NEW

In the book of Revelation chapter 21 verse 1 - 7, the Apostle John describes a scene in the spirit where a massive renovation is being concluded and all things are made new. It goes like this;

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. 

The Lord Jesus  is described as sitting  on a throne and He declares that He is making all things new. This includes a new heaven and a new earth.

All the old things have passed away and all things are made new.

The Lord is described as having accomplished His ascent to the throne and being revealed as the Alpha and the Omega and He is described as refreshing His people from the spring of the water of life without cost.

A wonderful pre-iteration of that scene appears in  Isaiah 43 verse 18  - 20. The passage goes like this;

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

The prophet, looking far ahead, sees into the throne room at the end of the future Messianic dispensation and sees the event that the Apostle John saw where all things were passed away and all things were made new. And those who were thirsty, the Lord gave water to drink.

Blessed is He who is mighty and perfect. 

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment