Tuesday, January 04, 2022

OUR LORD WHO IS THE GREAT I AM

Our Lord and God exists. He is. He has being.

When, in Exodus 3 verse 14,  Moses asked God whom he should say sent him; 

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

The God who is, told Moses to reference Him as 'I AM'. God is and it is from his being that all other things including us are derived.

As Acts 17 verse 28 affirms;

 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

Our Lord's being is the only non-paradoxical explanation for our own existence.

Efforts to explain our existence by other means unfailingly result in peculiar contradictory mental constructs that elucidate nothing  and  obfuscate everything.

The Lord our God is good.

Praise and honour Him.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment