Wednesday, May 25, 2022

 OUR LORD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE

Isaiah chapter  43 verse 10 is a rare meta  declaration by the Lord God giving  an unequivocal statement about His own unique place as  the only and eternal God. In this passage, speaking to His people, the Lord says this;

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

From the perspective of an omniscient God, to categorically declare that there is no other who existed before Him or after Him would have to be the  definitive statement of facts. In the eternal timeline from eternity past and eternity future, there exists no other God.

 Another meta declaration is found in Isaiah chapter 44 verse 8;

You are my witnesses. Is there any god besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

Here, the Lord God rhetorically  asks if there is any god besides Himself and He declares again that he does not know of any such being in any spatial location  or dimension.

This all encompassing statement of the Lord's uniqueness leads us to conclude that He is our only possible saviour. Isaiah chapter 43 verse 11 says this;

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior.

The declaration by the Lord that there is no saviour apart from Him is equally definitive.

This is why the apostle Peter proclaimed this about the Lord Jesus Christ in Acts chapter 4 verse 12;

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Amen.



Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment