Friday, May 27, 2022

OUR LORD WHO AVENGES HIS PEOPLE

Joel chapter 3 verses 4 - 5 records the words of the Lord against the kingdoms who had raided  and enslaved His people;

 “Now what have you against me, Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done 

For you took my silver and my gold and carried off my finest treasures to your temples.

This passage is aimed at Tyre, Sidon  and the areas of Philistia and to the spiritual kingdoms  over-shadowing them.

These kingdoms had dared to raid the Lord's people and take the Lord's silver and gold and his treasures to put them in their own temples. They then sold God's people into slavery.

What these kingdoms had done to the people of Israel, the Lord said He would do to them. 

As Joel chapter 3 verses 7 - 8 says;

“See, I am going to rouse them out of the places to which you sold them, and I will return on your own heads what you have done. I will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away.” The Lord has spoken.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment