Monday, August 01, 2022

OUR FATHER WHO REQUIRES A SINCERE HEART 

Ezekiel chapter 14 verses 7 - 9 says this;

 “‘When any of the Israelites or any foreigner residing in Israel separate themselves from me and set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet to inquire of me, I the Lord will answer them myself. I will set my face against them and make them an example and a byword. I will remove them from my people. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

 “‘And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the Lord have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel.

This passage records the Lord's  response when the elders of Israel came to the prophet Ezekiel to inquire of the Lord.

When the elders arrived, the Lord gave Ezekiel a word of knowledge regarding the things that were in their hearts.

They were harbouring idolatry and wicked stumbling blocks were before their faces and as such, the Lord instituted a principal regarding those who inquire of God through His prophets.

If any Israelite or foreigner dwelling in the country,  separated themselves from the Lord and regarded idols and wicked stumbling blocks  and then came in that condition to ask for the Lord's council on a matter, the Lord would reject them and remove them from among His people as an example and a warning to others.

Further to that, if any prophet who was inquired of by such people was induced to utter a prophecy, they would themselves incur the judgement of destruction from among the Lord's people.

We must always approach the Lord with  sincere and humble hearts that are repentant of sin and have no regard for idols. 

As Psalm 51 verse 17 says;  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment