Saturday, December 17, 2022

OUR FATHER WHO CALL ON US TO STOP AND CONSIDER OUR ACTIONS

Isaiah chapter 44 verse 19 says this;

No one stops to think, no one has the knowledge or understanding to say, “Half of it I used for fuel; I even baked bread over its coals, and I roasted meat and I ate.

Shall I make a detestable thing from what is left? Shall I bow down to a block of wood?”

This verse records the Lord's thoughts on those who make idols of wood and bow down to them.

Even though the wood carvers use the wood for fuel to cook meat and bread, it never occurs to them that making an idol out the rest of the log of wood is irrational.

How can an object be imbued with spiritual significance worth bowing down to when the rest of the material that it was cut from was used as firewood to cook food?

The Lord commands us not to worship before any graven image for they are detestable and degrading to those who bow before them.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment