Monday, December 12, 2022

OUR FATHER WHO SEEKS HUMILITY, CONTRITION AND SINCERITY

The book of Isaiah chapter 66 verse 4, speaking of those children of Israel who have arrogantly chosen to go their own ways, says this;

so I also will choose harsh treatment for them and will bring on them what they dread.

For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened.

They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.”

On the other hand, of the people who are humble and contrite in spirit, verse 5 says this;

Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at his word: “Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, ‘Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy!’ Yet they will be put to shame.

What is depicted here is that those who love the Lord and fear him are hated by their own people because of the name of the Lord. Those that hate them give lip service to God to try to please (or appease) those who follow the Lord but their falsity is know and they will be exposed.

The Lord resists the proud but gives grace to the humble and the contrite of heart and the sincere.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment