Tuesday, February 14, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO CHOOSES A PEOPLE TO BE HIS WITNESSES

Isaiah chapter 43 verse 10 says this;

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

This verse speaks of our primordial purpose for which the Lord chose us.

We were chosen as witnesses and servants so that we may know God, believe God and understand that He is the only God.

In this verse, the Lord Himself gives witness to the profound fact that there was no god in existence before Him and there will be no god following after.

In saying that there is no god before or after, the Lord reveals that He is eternal with no start and no end. 

This mystery is not readily apparent to finite  men and thus a cadre of people is chosen by the Lord to make it their central drive to pursue the knowledge of God and then to believe and trust Him and then to understand His absolute primacy.

It is these people who can then serve as witnesses to others of the Lord's unchallenged supremacy and His worthiness to be sought and believed.  In this witness of the Lord greatness is the message of the Lord's goodness and His ability and willingness to save us from our sin and from death.

As Isaiah chapter 43 verse 11 says;

I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Amen.

50

No comments:

Post a Comment