Wednesday, March 22, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO IS STRONGER THAN ANY WHO OPPRESS HIS PEOPLE

Isaiah chapter 51 verse 13 adjures God's people not to fear their human oppressors to such a degree;

that you forget the Lord your Maker, who stretches out the heavens  and who lays the foundations of the earth, that you live in constant terror every day because of the wrath of the oppressor, who is bent on destruction?

For where is the wrath of the oppressor?

The terror of mere humans who torment them causes God's people to forget the might and power of their God who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

Verse 14 speaks of the desperation of the captives as they rush around so that they might appease the wrath of their captors so that they may be loosed from their chains or so that they won't be thrown into a pit to die or so that they won't  be deprived of food.

They live in terror of these things but as verse 16 and 17 tell us;

But I am the Lord your God, Who divided the sea whose waves roared—The Lord of hosts is His name.

And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, That I may plant the heavens, Lay the foundations of the earth, And say to Zion, ‘You are My people.’ ”

The Lord takes His people into His care and covers them in the shadow of His hand.

Amen.

21



No comments:

Post a Comment