Monday, May 22, 2023

OUR FATHER WHO PROVIDES FOR OUR RIGHTS BUT GIVES US THE OPTION TO VOLUNTARILY FORFEIGHT THEM FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF HIS KINGDOM

1 Corinthians chapter 9 verse 11 says this;

If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 

This verse speaks of the work that Paul and his co-minister, Barnabus did among the Corinthinans.

They sowed spiritual seeds of preaching, teaching and being examples of godliness among the Corinthians and yet they encountered criticism because their conduct was not like the conduct of the other apostles.

Using scriptural references from the law of Moses, Paul pressed on the Coronthians that he and Barnabas did in fact have the right to make a living from their spiritual work like the other apostles did but he and Barnabas had voluntarily forfeited that right in order to avoid being incumberances on the people they served so that the gospel of Christ could be propagated unhindered.

In 1 Corinthians chapter 9 verse 17, Paul explains the rationale for their methods;

If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

Amen.

5

 


No comments:

Post a Comment