Friday, January 05, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO LIFTS US WHEN WE FALL

Psalm chapter 13 verse 4 says this;

and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

After suffering a defeat and succumbing to attacks that came against him, the psalmist cries out to the Lord to help.

He is full of sorrow and regret and he asks the Lord not to give up on him.

The psalmists reasons with the Lord that if he completely falls away and dies, the enemy of his soul would have the opportunity to exult over the fact that he fell.

In the end, he puts his trust in the unfailing love of God and the gratitude for the salvation that the Lord has provided evokes songs of praise. As Psalm 13 verses 5 - 6 says, 

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.

Amen.

6

No comments:

Post a Comment