Saturday, June 01, 2024

OUR FATHER WHO SENT HIS SON TO RESCUE US

The book of Isaiah chapter 50 verse 2 says this;

When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer?

Was my arm too short to deliver you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you?

By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst.

This passage, preceded by a summation of the separation of mankind from our God because of our sins and transgressions, expresses the concern of the Lord Jesus when He arrived on earth to reconcile us to God, that He was not met by the  faith of the people expecting His salvation.

The Lord asked the people if they felt that His arm was too short to rescue them or that He was not strong enough to save them.

He assured them that He was indeed powerful enough to save them because at a mere word, He could instantly dry up the sea and the rivers.

He assured them, that He has the power to cover the whole of the heavens in darkness as it says in verse 3;

I clothe the heavens with darkness and make sackcloth its covering.”

This harkens to the book of Revelation chapter 6 where the sun is turn black like sackcloth.

The Lord Jesus, speaking in Luke chapter 18 verse 8 asks a similar question about when he arrives on earth for the second time;

I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

May He find faith in us.

Amen.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment